Wednesday, July 27, 2016


"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." --Mason Cooley 


Every now and then, if you’re lucky, you’ll find that one book that reminds you what reading is all about. For me, The Time Traveler’s Wife did just that. I received this book as a gift and fell in love with it from the get-go. No question, I would give it 5 stars. I found the plot line thoroughly captivating, and found it was only enhanced further by the several lovable, and painfully real, characters. 
My heart became invested almost instantly. I finished it in about a week, but still found myself slowing down so I could enjoy it longer. This book is the kind of book you want to relish in. This is the book that takes you away for a moment, but also will bring out the nostalgia you feel for life and for the past. 
This book, as it has been said, is a twist on your average boy-meets-girl plot line. It is a fantastic love story with diverse characters, and many painful obstacles which must be overcome. 
It is not what I expected, and far more real than I could have predicted. Though it is fictional (I hope), it is completely connectable. From wondering childhood, to fearful adolescence, to the threats of adulthood, the depicted times easily bring back old aches and forgotten laughters of personal years. 

Here, you are reminded of the pains people keep behind closed doors, the beautiful passions to immerse yourself in, the important chances and choices there are waiting in life, the mistakes that make us all human, and the love we are all capable of— the love which, if we allow it, can surpass all else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment